The Art Life
The art life is smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee, occasionally red wine, Transcendental Meditation, and work.
Beyond its creative influences, Lynch believes in the power of TM to improve lives in a profound and positive way. He has observed firsthand how TM has helped at-risk youth, victims of violence, and veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He dives into how this form of meditation differs from others, why it is so vital, what he experiences when he transcends, and how it has completely changed his life. Wanting others to experience the same benefits, The David Lynch Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace was born in 2005. The Foundation has a mission to ensure that every child anywhere in the world who wants to learn to meditate can do so.
David’s advice—“If you don’t already meditate, start. It will be the best decision you ever make.”
What you’ll learn
- The story behind Lynch’s decision to become an artist (2:36)
- How routine helps his creative process (5:19)
- The benefits of Transcendental Meditation (10:54 )
- What Lynch experiences when he transcends (14:01)
- How the David Lynch Foundation provides TM to improve the quality of life of others (17:31)